Skip to main content

Love Songs from My Daddy

I have been reading a book by Mark Batterson called, The Circle Maker, and it has gotten me thinking about the prayers I've prayed and what God has laid on my heart. Lately, He has been reminding me that I need to circle back to His original promise. His first to me. That He is going to be the Daddy I have always missed in my life and longed to have. Today, He showed me just what He has for me, how He sees me, how He loves me.

I usually start my day with prayer and my Bible for my "quiet time", but today I was getting some things done ahead of that time and just praying as I went along. As I set out to complete another task, I put my "Faithful Favorites" playlist to shuffle and sat down. And then, it happened. God strung a playlist together to tell me that He's the answer. That I am loved beyond measure. That I can believe in Him and His Truth. That I am more; I am remade.  That I am free because I am His


What is below are the songs He gave me. (Note: the verses in normal text show how I have felt and the verses in italics represent the truth of what He has for me.)
"Who will love me for me? Not for what I have done or what I will become. 
Who will love me for me? Cuz, no body has showed me what love really means."
"I will love you for you. Not for what you have done or what you will become.
I will love you for you. I will give you the love. The love that you never knew."

--JJ Heller, What Love Really Means

Days will come when you don't have the strength. When all you hear is that you're not worth anything. Wondering if you ever could be loved. And if they truly saw your heart they'd see too much.
You're Beautiful. You're Beautiful. You're are made for so much more than all of this. 
You're Beautiful. You're Beautiful. You are Treasured. You are Sacred. You are HIS! You're Beautiful!
Praying that you have the heart to fight because you are more than what is hurting you tonight. For all the lies you held inside too long. Cuz they are nothing in the shadow of the cross
Before you ever took a breath. Long before the world began. Before the wonders He possessed, there was one more precious. Of all the earth and skies above, YOU'RE the one He madly loves...enough to die
You're Beautiful. You're Beautiful. In His eyes. You're Beautiful. You're Beautiful. You're are made for so much more than all of this. You're Beautiful. You're Beautiful. You are Treasured. You are Sacred. You are HIS! You're Beautiful!--Mercy MeBeautiful 


Oh, what I would do to have the kind of faith it takes to climb out of this boat again and onto the crashing waves. To step out of my comfort zone. Into the realm of the unknown where Jesus is and He's holding out His hand. But the waves are calling out my name and they laugh at me. Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed. The waves they keep on telling me, "Boy, you'll never win. You'll never win."
But the voice of truth tells me a different story. The voice of truth says, "Do not be afraid!" And the voice of truth says, "This is for my glory!" Out of all the voices calling out to me, I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth.
.--Casting Crowns, Voice of Truth

There's a girl in the corner. With tear stains on her eyes. From the places she's wandered and the shame she can't hide. She says, "How did I get here? I'm not who I once was. And I'm crippled with the fear, that I've fallen too far to love.

But don't you know who you are? What has been done for you? Yeah, don't you know who you are? You are more than than the choices that you've made. You are more than the sum of your past mistakes. You are more than the problems that you create. You've been remade.
Well she tries to believe it. That she's been given new life. Oh, but she can't shake the feeling, that it's not true tonight. She knows all the answers. And she's rehearsed all the lines. And so she'll try to do better, but she's too weak to try.
Oh, but don't you know who you are? You are more than than the choices that you've made. You are more than the sum of your past mistakes. You are more than the problems that you create. You've been remade.
You are more than than the choices that you've made. You are more than the sum of your past mistakes. You are more than the problems you create. You've been remade.
Cuz, this is not about what you've done, but what's been done for you. This is not about where you've been, but where your brokenness brings you to. This is not about what you feel, but what He felt to forgive you. And what He felt to make you loved.
You are more than than the choices that you've made. You are more than the sum of your past mistakes. You are more than the problems that you create. You've been remade. --Tenth Avenue North, You are More

I look around inside these four walls. And I can see, this is not my home. Can you hear it now, from inside these stone walls? My heart cries out, "I am not where I belong." No matter what they do, my heart belongs to you. I'm free. Oh, the hands that hold the world have set me free. He has broken every chain. So, I lift my hands up to the One who saves. --Mercy Me, Free


As I finish up this post, Jeremy Camp sings my life song, I Sill Believe. Regardless of what has happened and what is yet to come, I still believe. Why? Because the Daddy who knit me in my mother's womb (Psa 139:13) and has counted all the hairs on my head Matt 10:30), the One who gives me infinitely more than I can ask or imagine (Eph 3:20), and reminds me over and over that His intent is not to harm me, but to prosper me; to give me a hope and a future (Jer 29:11). This is the same Daddy who is doing a new thing (Isa 43:19) in  me to redeem what was and refine me (Isa 24:10, 1 Pet 1:7) for His glory and honor.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Struggles

Struggles. We all have them. My (latest) favorite saying is, "We all have our things." And for me, my "thing" is wanting to eat to fill the emptiness inside. And not like carrots and apples and good for you stuff. Oh, No! The really bad for you stuff. I crave sugary treats. I have been doing so well with my eating lately and have been exercising for the last few weeks as well, but last night nearly took me down. I was struggling with wanting to run--not walk--into the kitchen and make myself a bowl of cereal with some Craisins or a fruit smoothie or a PB&J. I prayed instead. Almost to the point of tears, I begged God for this to pass. I ate some carrots. I drank some more water. I contemplated some tea. I got out my swiss ball and did some wall squats as I watched TV. I had already been out for a walk earlier with ML, too, but I felt like I was coming out of my skin. OBSESSING about eating something. It wasn't food that I wanted, though. I wanted to feed t

Sometimes, Reality is Worse

What if I told you that Joseph/SAM was created to hurt me? Made up to be everything I'd ever want and more? What if I told you everything I believed and knew him to be was an enormous hoax? All because someone wanted to give me what she felt I had given her. All that she felt I had taken from her. I have to admit that while people have hurt me before with their actions and decisions it has been for their own personal and selfish reasons. Usually not with malicious intent.  There has to be a lot of pain and hurt within a person to invest so much into the creation of a fictional character. Someone who would really take the time to know me. Someone who would enlist others to make the ruse real. To call me on the phone, to send me cards from the web, to pick out a card and leave it at a bar where the bartender who gave it to me told me how cute my guy was, to create a Facebook account with pictures and friends, to bring an ex-wife into the mix, pictures from the desert and your trave

Join the Navy, See the World!

There are things we want in life and make happen, but they don't always happen as we'd planned or imagined. My dad had gone to Ohio University in Athens, OH on a wrestling scholarship. I, too, wanted to go to OU, but since he'd dropped out and it had a reputation as a huge party school, it was going to be a tough sell. So, I did my homework and sell I did. At the time (1990), OU was one of the top 10 colleges for Communications in the U.S. That was the degree I wanted and I wanted to go to OU to get my degree. I graduated early and during the time between my acceptance to OU and the College of Communications and pre-college, I had become further enamored with marine life and sharks specifically and wanted to change my major to Marine Biology which at OU was actually a Zoology degree. The girl tried to talk me out of changing my major because it was so hard to get into the College of Communication and if I left, I would have to reapply and hope for the best in my junior year