Search This Blog

Friday, April 22, 2011

Hungry for You

On many mornings, I wake with a song playing in my head. Lately, it's Christian songs. This morning,  I woke to a song in my head that isn't in my collection, but was one we'd sung at church. I know this because I can hear it in my head as if our worship leader, Jessica, is singing it. The verses running in my head are in snippets:


"I'll wait for you..."


     "You're all I'm living for..."


            "I'm falling on my knees..."


I google the verses looking for the song and listening to videos to see if I can find the song. The first two bring me Christian song responses, but aren't right. Then, I find it. The song is, "Hungry (Falling on My Knees)". It is exactly what I am. I am hungry. I hunger for Jesus. I hunger to know him. I feed that hunger with food and people and desires and work...all the things that still leave me wanting for more because I am not giving myself what I am really looking for, really needing. I need HIM. So, I'll wait for Him. Seek the Truth. It will fill you; He will fill you.


Hungry I come to You for I know You satisfy
I am empty but l know Your love does not run dry
So I wait for You
So I wait for You
I'm falling on my knees
Offering all of me
Jesus You're all this heart is living for
Broken I run to You for Your arms are open wide
I am weary but I know Your touch restores my life
So I wait for You
So I wait for You


No comments:

Post a Comment