Check out Tracie Miles
Below are five easy steps that can help jump start your journey to leaving the life of a pessimist, and embracing the life of an optimist instead:
1. Commit to being grateful.
- Have you really counted your blessings lately, or have you been so focused on all the things that are wrong in your life, that you have overlooked all the things that are right? Take a few moments to thank God for all of your blessings, and even hardships, because heartfelt gratitude leads to a positive attitude.
* Psalm 136:1 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good. His love endures forever.
2. Free your mind from worries.
- If your mind is full of worry, then there is no room for anything else - much less positive thoughts. Lay those burdens at foot of the cross today, and ask God to replace your worry, with hope and peace.
* Matthew 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
3. Keep things in perspective.
- The more we focus on our problems, the bigger our problems seem to be. With enough negative thinking, our problems can become bigger than we are, and may even feel bigger than God. But God is bigger than all our problems, and He always has a plan and a purpose for what we go through. Ask Him to help you see people and problems in a new perspective, and give you a fresh glimpse of His point of view.
* Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
4. Help someone else.
- Anytime we are focusing on someone else, we automatically take the focus off of ourselves. Be alert for opportunities that will allow you to help others. Seek out to do at least one random act of kindness each day.
* Hebrews 13:16 And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.
5. Love the Lord with all your heart.
- Joy comes from God. Today may not be the best day, but each day we are given breath, is a day to rejoice.
* Psalm 118:24 The LORD has done it this very day; let us rejoice today and be glad.