Skip to main content

My Personality Profile

I am a very definable and definitive personality type. If you've met me, you'll know where I belong. I remember doing a profile for each of my 14 Help Desk Analysts to see which personality types were most well-suited to such a line of work. For the most part, my analysts were "helper" personality types. I had a cheerleader and an investigator as well. Me? I am the Challenger/Leader personality type. When I take the tests to determine this, no other type holds a candle to my Type 8 scores, though I do have a Type 9 wing which means my personality type is called "the bear" in such a combo. It means that I am tender-hearted as well as challenging.

When I started dating, I tried Chemistry.com. Dr. Fisher has 4 types and pairs them with a type and subtype of those 4 areas. Here is my profile which I felt was very accurate.

Heather, your personality type is: Director / Builder
You are made up of:
• Negotiator 24%
• Explorer 23%
• Director 27%
• Builder 25%

About your personality
You are an independent thinker who builds theories and approaches problems with an analytical, exacting, systematic and resourceful mind. And with your persistence, logic and determination, you tend to find innovative solutions to complex problems. You are particularly good with technical problems, those of mechanics, engineering, math, medicine, accounting, music or other "rule based" systems.
Although you enjoy being part of a stable, secure social network, you easily spend time alone, pursuing your own projects and goals at your own speed, according to your own rules. You can focus your attention to the exclusion of all around you. And you have a deep sense of autonomy.
You are a private person; you contain your emotions. You are also calm, efficient, quick to make decisions and remarkably self-disciplined. Yet you have a traditional, even sentimental streak. Family is important to you and you can be very protective of those you love.

With Director as your primary type, you can be:
• Decisive
• Competitive
• Focused
• Self disciplined
• Analytical
• Independent
• Logical

For the above, all are words I have used and do use to describe myself.

With Builder as your secondary type, you can be:
• Traditional
• Patient*
• Social*
• Community Oriented*
• Loyal*
• Orderly*
• Dependable*

For the above, I have put a * by those I most associate with; for "orderly" it's really more that I am sequential--things have a place or order for me.

Things to be aware of
1. You are susceptible to intense anger when you feel hurt, disappointed or frustrated.
2. Your ambition can lead to workaholism.
3. You can be impatient with chit chat and routine social engagements.

1 & 3 are very true; 2--notsomuch! Love my job and what I do, but it's just a job!

Relating to others
Because you are ambitious, tough-minded and hardworking, your close friends admire you. In return, you can be fiercely loyal and protective of all those you love. Yet your complex personality is often hidden behind a wall of composure and logic.

In love and relationships
As a Director you admire and collect knowledge; so you want a partner with whom you can have focused, educated, and often theoretical discussions on intellectual topics-a mind mate. You are direct and tough-minded, too. So you are attracted to someone who can complement you-someone who is verbally graceful, who weighs alternatives carefully and listens actively, and has well-honed social skills. Because you contain your emotions, you also gravitate to a mate who is warm and emotionally expressive. Yet you do not like people who engage in public displays of emotion, showing lack of self-containment. Because you have difficulty tolerating controlling people, you need a mate who is flexible, even indecisive. You particularly admire a partner who is self-sufficient. And you like a mate who is eager to help you make a stable home and maintain your public, business, and social ties.

More about Director / Builder
• Albert Einstein
• Hillary Clinton
• Bill Gates
• Nicole Kidman

Words Director use (unconsciously) to describe themselves
• debate
• intellectual
• challenge/challenging
• intelligent/intelligence
• geek
• real
• driven
• politics
• ambition/ambitious
• nerd/nerdy

Words Builder use (unconsciously) to describe themselves
• moral/morals
• values
• honesty
• family
• trust
• loving
• respect
• trustworthy
• caring
• loyal

Overall, this profile describes me well. I think it's important to understand who we are and what drives us, what engages us, what connects us and what that means when we interact with others. My personality type is not always well-received because of the directness with which I like to interact. At the same time, I need to be cognizant of how others wish to be interacted with and what they need for their temperament or personality. Everyone talks about the "Golden Rule", but I much prefer the "Platinum Rule"..."Treat others how THEY want to be treated." And that starts with getting to know them and what they need. For me, cut the chit chat and get to the point. It will save us both time and aggravation!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Join the Navy, See the World!

There are things we want in life and make happen, but they don't always happen as we'd planned or imagined. My dad had gone to Ohio University in Athens, OH on a wrestling scholarship. I, too, wanted to go to OU, but since he'd dropped out and it had a reputation as a huge party school, it was going to be a tough sell. So, I did my homework and sell I did. At the time (1990), OU was one of the top 10 colleges for Communications in the U.S. That was the degree I wanted and I wanted to go to OU to get my degree. I graduated early and during the time between my acceptance to OU and the College of Communications and pre-college, I had become further enamored with marine life and sharks specifically and wanted to change my major to Marine Biology which at OU was actually a Zoology degree. The girl tried to talk me out of changing my major because it was so hard to get into the College of Communication and if I left, I would have to reapply and hope for the best in my junior year

Struggles

Struggles. We all have them. My (latest) favorite saying is, "We all have our things." And for me, my "thing" is wanting to eat to fill the emptiness inside. And not like carrots and apples and good for you stuff. Oh, No! The really bad for you stuff. I crave sugary treats. I have been doing so well with my eating lately and have been exercising for the last few weeks as well, but last night nearly took me down. I was struggling with wanting to run--not walk--into the kitchen and make myself a bowl of cereal with some Craisins or a fruit smoothie or a PB&J. I prayed instead. Almost to the point of tears, I begged God for this to pass. I ate some carrots. I drank some more water. I contemplated some tea. I got out my swiss ball and did some wall squats as I watched TV. I had already been out for a walk earlier with ML, too, but I felt like I was coming out of my skin. OBSESSING about eating something. It wasn't food that I wanted, though. I wanted to feed t

Submitting is all in the Attitude

Sometimes....my head is so full of so much, I don't really know what I am thinking or feeling. I don't take the time to process or dig because sometimes it takes me to a raw place and I am not ready for that. Instead, I just keep moving forward....one foot in front of the other. Right now, I am struggling to stick to this Abs  menu that I have decided to try for the next 28 days along with some friends. It's a lot of veggies and I am more of a fruit girl. I am choosing to stick with it because it's part of my plan to submit to something. Alongside it, I am doing the Made to Crave 21-Day Challenge so my mental state can carry my physical and emotional. This is 28-days out of a lifetime; I can do this. Sometimes, I don't want to. The reality is that it's hard and it's strange and new for my body. I have never done well on low-carb programs. I liken the Abs menus a bit to Atkins where you can eat a TON of high fat and high protein. The difference is that whi