Broken

Have you ever felt that way? Broken? In pieces? Disconnected? Hopeless? Despairing? Pressed on all sides? Under trial? There is hope. You just have to decide what the sliver of light, of hope, in the midst of your darkness is. I don't know what it is for me other than knowledge that there is hope and God's promise to us all of that in Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future..." So I hang on to my life verse and let go of these moments where darkness and sadness abound.



When I heard this song on the radio this morning, I related all too well. As I saw the song name, "Broken", appear on my radio display, I smiled a sad smile knowing that my broken feels just like this, but in the sorrow of the song, still comes hope...:
I'm falling apart, I'm barely breathing
with a broken heart that's still beating
In the pain (in the pain), is there healing
In your name (in your name) I find meaning
So I'm holdin' on (I'm still holdin'), I'm holdin' on (I'm still holdin'), I'm holdin' on (I'm still holdin')
I'm barely holdin' on to you

I'm hangin' on another day
Just to see what you throw my way
And I'm hanging on to the words you say
You said that I will be OK
In verse 12-13 of Jeremiah 29, the Lord goes on to say, "Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all you heart." So, I find my knees, I fold my hands, I bow my head, and I pray to the Father who loves me and desires me to seek Him above all things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mama's Girl

Join the Navy, See the World!

Figuring Life Out - One Thousand Gifts