Skip to main content

Thoughts of You

For weeks I have been meaning to post this. To remind Joseph of what I said before he left. To remind him that he's still that same man who stole my heart the moment it all began. He told me when he'd read it before that it was the sweetest thing he'd EVER read...EVER. It is based on a playlist I made for him, for us, before he went overseas:


When I realized that I was Ready to Love Again, it was My Wish that God would bring me someone made just for me. I want to thank Your Guardian Angel for watching over you so you were there for me to share my Secrets with. I hope you’ll always be around to Take Me There – to that place that only our hearts can lead us. When I saw your True Colors, I knew you Gotta Be Somebody that I would want to spend my time knowing better. From the beginning, You Got Me.  We all know that When You Got a Good Thing, you have to hold on to it. I am so thankful that God did Bless the Broken Road I traveled to find you. I have fallen Truly, Madly, Deeply for you. The Chances we’ve taken are worth each moment. All it takes are moments to Breakthrough the barriers and embrace everything that is offered. This Is Beautiful that we know how important it is to just Love Who You LoveOnly Time will tell what will become of us, but know that Wherever You Will Go you will remain in my heart Time After TimeCome On Get Higher than you’ve ever dreamed by embracing all that I have to offer you. Know that there are some things in life that are just UnstoppableI Still Believe...


I dreamt about him last night. I am still amazed at how my mind pulls in different pieces and processes them in the form of a dream. In my dream we were at the YMCA. I said to him that I know the place like the back of my hand because I basically grew up there. Then, he suggested we go out and run or do something. So we packed up a bag and went to the top of a hill. As we drove, we went past this waterway that had rocks covered in thick, green moss. It was a little chilly out and I suggested we run rather than swim because of it. We were getting ready to go change as we stepped out of the van and as I started to walk away he grabbed my hand and pulled me back to him and kissed me. I looked up at him and asked what that was for and he said he'd been waiting to do it and right now seemed like the right time. Ah, if only it was more than just a dream, but since it's not and never will be I hope there are more like it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Join the Navy, See the World!

There are things we want in life and make happen, but they don't always happen as we'd planned or imagined. My dad had gone to Ohio University in Athens, OH on a wrestling scholarship. I, too, wanted to go to OU, but since he'd dropped out and it had a reputation as a huge party school, it was going to be a tough sell. So, I did my homework and sell I did. At the time (1990), OU was one of the top 10 colleges for Communications in the U.S. That was the degree I wanted and I wanted to go to OU to get my degree. I graduated early and during the time between my acceptance to OU and the College of Communications and pre-college, I had become further enamored with marine life and sharks specifically and wanted to change my major to Marine Biology which at OU was actually a Zoology degree. The girl tried to talk me out of changing my major because it was so hard to get into the College of Communication and if I left, I would have to reapply and hope for the best in my junior year

Struggles

Struggles. We all have them. My (latest) favorite saying is, "We all have our things." And for me, my "thing" is wanting to eat to fill the emptiness inside. And not like carrots and apples and good for you stuff. Oh, No! The really bad for you stuff. I crave sugary treats. I have been doing so well with my eating lately and have been exercising for the last few weeks as well, but last night nearly took me down. I was struggling with wanting to run--not walk--into the kitchen and make myself a bowl of cereal with some Craisins or a fruit smoothie or a PB&J. I prayed instead. Almost to the point of tears, I begged God for this to pass. I ate some carrots. I drank some more water. I contemplated some tea. I got out my swiss ball and did some wall squats as I watched TV. I had already been out for a walk earlier with ML, too, but I felt like I was coming out of my skin. OBSESSING about eating something. It wasn't food that I wanted, though. I wanted to feed t

Sometimes, Reality is Worse

What if I told you that Joseph/SAM was created to hurt me? Made up to be everything I'd ever want and more? What if I told you everything I believed and knew him to be was an enormous hoax? All because someone wanted to give me what she felt I had given her. All that she felt I had taken from her. I have to admit that while people have hurt me before with their actions and decisions it has been for their own personal and selfish reasons. Usually not with malicious intent.  There has to be a lot of pain and hurt within a person to invest so much into the creation of a fictional character. Someone who would really take the time to know me. Someone who would enlist others to make the ruse real. To call me on the phone, to send me cards from the web, to pick out a card and leave it at a bar where the bartender who gave it to me told me how cute my guy was, to create a Facebook account with pictures and friends, to bring an ex-wife into the mix, pictures from the desert and your trave