Skip to main content

Praise Him in the Morning

When I find myself in a place where God is at work in me and sometimes through me, too, He speaks to me in music. He wakes me with a song. Sometimes the song will prepare me for an answer that is to come like when I was praying for JM’s next contract to be in OH. That morning, He woke me with Thy Will playing in my head and I knew He had a different idea about the next season with JM and me and how to accomplish it. He was breaking it to me gently. With love.

The next night, He woke me with O Come to the Altar. It was strange as I didn’t know how that ended up in my head. As I climbed into a hot bubble bath later that night to soak off the week, I turned on Amazon Prime’s Top Christian playlist. O Come to the Altar began playing. I just shook my head. God wants to be sure I am hearing Him. Knowing that He hasn’t left. Isn’t silent. He's still holding me in the midst of His plans for our future. He's asking me, do you trust me with this? With him? With the path ahead? Will you lay it all down and walk with me? The last two lines in the song are, “Bear your cross as you wait for the crown, tell the world of the treasure you’ve found.” The word “treasure” is meaningful to me.

"Treasure" was the word I heard when I had to first let JM go back in September to wait on the Lord. The sermon on “Personal Prayer” was preached by our pastor, Matt Guertin, that day, 09/10/17, focused on Jeremiah 29:11-14. Verse 14 hit me straight in my heart. God spoke to my heart, do you trust me to bring you back? To restore those things? To give you treasure? I have my best for you. Are you willing to wait for it and trust my timing? My answer was a resounding YES to God and a not right now to JM.
What is interesting to me is that I went back to listen to the sermon again to see if our pastor used the word, “treasure” (since that's not how it's written in the ESV which is the version we use) and he doesn’t. Not only does he not use it, but he ends the reading where I have added the brackets. It’s crazy how God speaks to us and speaks things that weren’t even spoken aloud. His Spirit is alive in us, revealing to us His purposes and plans.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord, [and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.]

I know that God is at work in the midst of this path He is taking us down. I don’t know how long this season will be or what all will need to be brought to pass, but the one thing I am sure of is that God loves me and has me on it for a reason and a purpose. He has plans to prosper and not to harm, to give a future and hope that is better than I can ask or imagine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Struggles

Struggles. We all have them. My (latest) favorite saying is, "We all have our things." And for me, my "thing" is wanting to eat to fill the emptiness inside. And not like carrots and apples and good for you stuff. Oh, No! The really bad for you stuff. I crave sugary treats. I have been doing so well with my eating lately and have been exercising for the last few weeks as well, but last night nearly took me down. I was struggling with wanting to run--not walk--into the kitchen and make myself a bowl of cereal with some Craisins or a fruit smoothie or a PB&J. I prayed instead. Almost to the point of tears, I begged God for this to pass. I ate some carrots. I drank some more water. I contemplated some tea. I got out my swiss ball and did some wall squats as I watched TV. I had already been out for a walk earlier with ML, too, but I felt like I was coming out of my skin. OBSESSING about eating something. It wasn't food that I wanted, though. I wanted to feed t

Sometimes, Reality is Worse

What if I told you that Joseph/SAM was created to hurt me? Made up to be everything I'd ever want and more? What if I told you everything I believed and knew him to be was an enormous hoax? All because someone wanted to give me what she felt I had given her. All that she felt I had taken from her. I have to admit that while people have hurt me before with their actions and decisions it has been for their own personal and selfish reasons. Usually not with malicious intent.  There has to be a lot of pain and hurt within a person to invest so much into the creation of a fictional character. Someone who would really take the time to know me. Someone who would enlist others to make the ruse real. To call me on the phone, to send me cards from the web, to pick out a card and leave it at a bar where the bartender who gave it to me told me how cute my guy was, to create a Facebook account with pictures and friends, to bring an ex-wife into the mix, pictures from the desert and your trave

Join the Navy, See the World!

There are things we want in life and make happen, but they don't always happen as we'd planned or imagined. My dad had gone to Ohio University in Athens, OH on a wrestling scholarship. I, too, wanted to go to OU, but since he'd dropped out and it had a reputation as a huge party school, it was going to be a tough sell. So, I did my homework and sell I did. At the time (1990), OU was one of the top 10 colleges for Communications in the U.S. That was the degree I wanted and I wanted to go to OU to get my degree. I graduated early and during the time between my acceptance to OU and the College of Communications and pre-college, I had become further enamored with marine life and sharks specifically and wanted to change my major to Marine Biology which at OU was actually a Zoology degree. The girl tried to talk me out of changing my major because it was so hard to get into the College of Communication and if I left, I would have to reapply and hope for the best in my junior year