Skip to main content

Never Far from My Thoughts

On the day of my accident, a week ago now to be exact, I was having quite a lovely day and a beautiful trip down memory lane. Memory lane was quite full with things of the past and questions about what might be going on in the lives of the people that are more in my rearview mirror nowadays. For whatever reason, road trips (when I don't bring along an audiobook to listen to), always put me in a pensive place. And when I think, often times my thoughts end up on SAM. This time was no different.

Sometimes, I go back through our different communications to see if I can register times when it was him and times when it was someone else, but this time I was thinking more about the "what If's". I am sure my upcoming trip to Chicago put him once again into my thoughts. I wondered if I would see him on the flight or in the airport. I wondered if I would know him if I saw him or if the photos I had seen were also of someone else. I know there are some photos that no one else saw that were definitely of him, but it's unlikely I could use those images to identify him in public. I wondered if I would ever have more answers than questions so I could really have the closure I need. 

I thought about Lisa, too, and wondered if she'd been home over the holidays or if I would ever bump into her at a Jack Ford's concert again. That night, I got an email from her. It's funny how sometimes you get your answers and other times, you're just left with questions. I become tempted to be her friend at times, but it's not her friendship I truly want. It's answers. It's SAM. For her, I wish her the best and happy times, but for me I don't wish to fall back into what was. She represents a past that I have no desire for anymore. 

Making friends has never been challenging for me, but knowing which ones to trust has gotten me in trouble often. I believe that most people are truly good, but that wrong decisions and poor choices takes each of us to places where we find we don't always like ourselves. How we handle things once we find ourselves there is what I believe can resurrect a friendship/relationship or bury it for good. A repeated offense when there is opportunity to tell the truth and make amends is another area that can save or sink my trust. I have a forgiving nature and I love those I allow into my life very much. I care about them. About their hopes and dreams. About their failures and fears. I suppose that is why even when I have chosen to let them go, they are still never far from my thoughts.

Comments

  1. A game yes, real feelings involved yes, the inability to walk a way - YES, someone trying to spare your feelings, knowing that I'd kept on yes......place blame where it belongs....with ME

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a blame kind of girl. You should know that about me. I am more about lessons learned. I learned many things. I will always care about Lisa regardless of the choices she made and how they affected me. Whatever lead you to want to be in the middle of this, I don't know. What I do know is that you meant/mean something to me, but your life and choices have taken you in a different direction. I get that. You will always have a special place in my heart and I hope to find someone who gets me like you did, but also someone who is emotionally and physically available. Someone who chooses me and whatever that future means...just like you chose your family and that future. I hope it's everything you desire and more. I'll always love and care about you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Join the Navy, See the World!

There are things we want in life and make happen, but they don't always happen as we'd planned or imagined. My dad had gone to Ohio University in Athens, OH on a wrestling scholarship. I, too, wanted to go to OU, but since he'd dropped out and it had a reputation as a huge party school, it was going to be a tough sell. So, I did my homework and sell I did. At the time (1990), OU was one of the top 10 colleges for Communications in the U.S. That was the degree I wanted and I wanted to go to OU to get my degree. I graduated early and during the time between my acceptance to OU and the College of Communications and pre-college, I had become further enamored with marine life and sharks specifically and wanted to change my major to Marine Biology which at OU was actually a Zoology degree. The girl tried to talk me out of changing my major because it was so hard to get into the College of Communication and if I left, I would have to reapply and hope for the best in my junior year

Struggles

Struggles. We all have them. My (latest) favorite saying is, "We all have our things." And for me, my "thing" is wanting to eat to fill the emptiness inside. And not like carrots and apples and good for you stuff. Oh, No! The really bad for you stuff. I crave sugary treats. I have been doing so well with my eating lately and have been exercising for the last few weeks as well, but last night nearly took me down. I was struggling with wanting to run--not walk--into the kitchen and make myself a bowl of cereal with some Craisins or a fruit smoothie or a PB&J. I prayed instead. Almost to the point of tears, I begged God for this to pass. I ate some carrots. I drank some more water. I contemplated some tea. I got out my swiss ball and did some wall squats as I watched TV. I had already been out for a walk earlier with ML, too, but I felt like I was coming out of my skin. OBSESSING about eating something. It wasn't food that I wanted, though. I wanted to feed t

Sometimes, Reality is Worse

What if I told you that Joseph/SAM was created to hurt me? Made up to be everything I'd ever want and more? What if I told you everything I believed and knew him to be was an enormous hoax? All because someone wanted to give me what she felt I had given her. All that she felt I had taken from her. I have to admit that while people have hurt me before with their actions and decisions it has been for their own personal and selfish reasons. Usually not with malicious intent.  There has to be a lot of pain and hurt within a person to invest so much into the creation of a fictional character. Someone who would really take the time to know me. Someone who would enlist others to make the ruse real. To call me on the phone, to send me cards from the web, to pick out a card and leave it at a bar where the bartender who gave it to me told me how cute my guy was, to create a Facebook account with pictures and friends, to bring an ex-wife into the mix, pictures from the desert and your trave